So popular it was named Puerto Rico’s national drink in 1978, the Pina Colada is iconic. This version of the classic tropical mocktail is not only delicious, it’s lighter too. Lyre’s White Cane Spirit delivers the traditional flavours of white rum without the alcohol, and fresh coconut water replaces heavier coconut cream. Add in a little sugar syrup for sweetness and some muddled pineapple chunks and you’ve got a refreshing, sweet (but not too sweet) drink that can be enjoyed solo or is perfect for summer parties. Serve in a highball glass with plenty of ice and a garnish of mint and pineapple wedge.
INGREDIENTS75 ml Lyre's White Cane Spirit
75 ml Fresh Coconut Water
20 ml White Sugar Syrup (1:1)
6 x Small Pineapple Chunks
- Muddle/press pineapple chunks in a shaker
- Add remaining ingredients and ice, shake hard
- Strain into Highball glass
- Fill with fresh cubed ice
- Garnish with fresh mint sprig and wedge of pineapple. *To make Sugar Syrup combine 50 grams of sugar with 50 ml of warm water in a jar and shake to dissolve.