A smash is a cocktail recipe that dates back as far as the 1800s and a type of julep – a concoction of spirits, sugar and mint. This gin mocktail recipe is a delicious twist on the classic cherry smash, using non-alcoholic gin and a Cherry and Balsamic Shrub for a truly decadent fruity flavour. Simply mix up in a cocktail shaker, pour into a double rocks glass, then add soda and a mint spring.
INGREDIENTS30ml Ovant Grace
30ml Cherry and Balsamic Shrub
10ml Mint and Basil Syrup
2 pcs Lime, wedges
5 pcs Mint Leaves
1 btl Strangelove Soda Water
- Place mint, lime, and mint and basil syrup into a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Pour Ovant Grace and cherry and balsamic shrub into the cocktail shaker and fill with cubed ice. Shake for 5 seconds.
- Pour entire contents of the cocktail shaker into a double rocks glass.
- Top with soda water and crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.