Ex NOMA Chef William Wade and Melbourne's own Aaron Trotman have come together to craft a range of entirely non-alcoholic alternatives to classic wines and beverages. NON-beverages are non-alcoholic wine alternatives that have been expertly crafted to introduce an air of unpredictability and creativity to the alcohol-free adult drinks market.
What is NON Wine?
NON is not like other non-alcoholic wine. NON is a wine alternative, rather than a non-alcoholic wine. Created by Aussie chef William Wade and his business partner Aaron Trotman, NON make innovative drinks that have been inspired by wine flavour profiles.
What is the difference between non-alcoholic wine and a non-alcoholic wine alternative?
Non-alcoholic wine is a wine that has been dealcoholised. It’s gone through all the usual wine making methods and has, at some point in time, contained alcohol. A non-alcoholic wine alternative has never contained alcohol. In the case of NON, the fruits, herbs and other natural ingredients are steeped in hot water and verjus (acidic juice from unripe grapes and other sour fruits that provides a wine-like taste) to draw out an array of delicious and unique flavours.
What does NON taste like?
NON have crafted a range of seven sensational non-alcoholic wine alternatives, each taking on the flavour profile of a different classic wine.
- NON 1 Salted Raspberry & Chamomile This is a slightly carbonated wine alternative that tastes similar to a pet nat. It’s a little dry with lengthy tannins. Flavours of raspberry and chamomile steal the show, as well as a dash of Murray River salt to round out the balance. Best served chilled alongside a sweet dessert.
- NON 2 Caramelised Pear & Kombu A little outside the wine alternative scope, NON 2 is similar in taste, aroma and mouthfeel to a classic French Farmhouse Cider. Pear, edible sea kelp (kombu), various spices and other delicious natural ingredients are steeped in filtered water and verjus to create a carbonated bevvie with a slightly woody aroma. NON 3 Toasted Cinnamon & Yuzu Inspired by an Aperativo or a dry white
- NON 3 is not carbonated and contains a range of natural ingredients like Japanese yuzu, Sri Lankan cinnamon and Murray River salt. A contemporary twist on a classic white wine, NON 3 pairs well with Japanese food. NON 4 Roasted Beetroot & Sansho.
- NON 4 is the perfect alternative to a sparkling Shiraz. Beetroot, tamari, sansho pepper and other spices are steeped to perfection to create a delicious red with a cabernet-esque aroma. Pairs well with roast vegetables. NON 5 Lemon Marmalade & Hibiscus Similar in style to a Petillant Farmhouse Gose (a sour fermented beer).
- NON 5 features a plethora of lemon-based ingredients that work together with hibiscus, Citra hops and other natural ingredients to create a truly delicious beer-like taste and aroma.
- NON 6 Tomato water & Peppers Reminiscent of a skin contact Sauvignon Blanc, the NON 6 is a bright, crisp wine alternative with a verdant nose and a silky mouthfeel. The unique flavour profile includes Andalusian vegetables and umami-rich salinity.
- NON 7 Stewed Cherry & Coffee Inspired by a dry Lambrusco, NON 7 is a full-bodied and subtly spiced wine alternative. With a flavour profile that features sour cherry, spice and undertones of cold brew coffee, this unique wine alternative is also vegan.
Who can drink NON wine alternatives?
The entire NON range is 0% ABV which means they are completely alcohol free. If you suffer from allergies, it is best to check the ingredients before ordering and note that they vary from product to product.
Are NON wine alternatives healthy?
There is substantial scientific evidence that links alcohol to negative health outcomes. So all non-alcoholic drinks are significantly healthier than their alcoholic counterparts. On top of this, NON is made using all-natural ingredients such as fruits, herbs and spices that all contain their share of beneficial properties that help our body’s health and wellness. Many of the wine alternatives in the NON range are also low in sugar and low in calories.